Shepherd man, 19, still missing five days later
After five days and numerous unsuccessful leads, police still cannot find Juan Romero III, a missing 19-year-old Shepherd man with mental disorders.
Despite continuing to follow leads, as of Tuesday afternoon Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said they do not know where Romero is.
“We are following up, but nothing has been confirmed,” he said.
As Central Michigan Life previously reported, Mioduszewski said Sunday there were no new leads on Romero and police did not search further after their intensive search Saturday.
“I feel very comfortable we searched as thoroughly as we could,” he said.
Now, police will focus on keeping contact with those close to Romero and hope someone comes across him.
“We will keep in contact with family and friends,” Mioduszewski said. “I’m hoping he’s with a friend or someone. Hopefully he’s safe.”
Police believe Romero walked away from his group home at 9080 E. Pleasant Valley Rd. at around 11 p.m. Friday following an assault at the group home.
The sheriff’s department coordinated searches with the Michigan State Police helicopter, Civil Air Patrol, Isabella County Community Emergency Response Team, Midland Search and Rescue Team and Mid-Michigan Working Dog K-9 Units to find Romero.
Romero is 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 280 pounds and has long black hair that is usually worn in a ponytail.
Mioduszewski said Romero has a tattoo of “Big Brother” on the left side of his neck and another tattoo with “Juan” and the number “3″ on his right forearm.
He was last seen wearing a royal blue shirt, dark gray zip-up hoodie, black sweatpants and white and black shoes. He might have an MP3 player with gold headphones with him.
Contact the Isabella County Central Dispatch at 911 or (989) 773-1000 if you believe to have come in contact with him. Do not attempt to initiate contact with Romero because he may become violent, Mioduszewski said.
Mioduszewski said Romero is a vulnerable adult who can be violent. Romero in not familiar with the area, does not drive and is not capable of taking care of himself.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here