Baseball team wins Saturday 6-0, loses Sunday in 15 innings
The Central Michigan baseball team came within a few outs of a perfect weekend at the Snowbird Baseball Classic in Port Charlotte, Fla.
CMU lost Sunday in agonizing fashion against Georgetown.
In the fifteenth inning, the Hoyas hit back-to-back-to-back singles, the last by Justin Leeson to give the Hoyas a 4-3 win in each team’s tournament finale.
CMU (6-9) got on the board first, scoring three runs in the fourth inning on a bases-clearing triple by freshman Logan Regnier. Regnier finished the game 3-for-7.
Senior pitch Rick Dodridge allowed just one hit through the first five innings but got into trouble in the sixth when the Hoyas pushed across two runs making the score 3-2. Georgetown tied the game an inning later.
CMU shut out Chicago State 6-0 on Saturday behind the right arm of senior starter Pat Kaminska. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound native of Phoenix, Az. broke out of his season-long slump, going seven innings without allowing a run. Kaminska (1-3) also struck out six batters, allowed six hits and did not walk a batter.
As has been the case a lot early in the season, the Chippewas scored in the first inning. Sophomore Pat MacKenzie singled to right field and advanced two bases on a failed pickoff attempt before coming around to score on a RBI single by sophomore Cody Liechman. Freshman Zack Fields later scored on a passed ball to make it 2-0 after the first inning.
CMU extended its lead to 3-0 in the fourth on a RBI groundout by Logan Regnier that scored senior Tom Lally and scored two more runs in the bottom of the fifth on another RBI by Leichman and a bases-loaded walk of sophomore Joe Houlihan
Leichman led CMU, going 4-for-5 with two RBI. Fields was 2-for-4 with and RBI.
The Chippewas’ home opener against Madonna is scheduled for Tuesday. First pitch, weather permitting, at Theunissen Stadium is set for 3:05 p.m.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here