CMU football season officially underway
Central Michigan officially began the 2013-14 season Tuesday with the first day of spring practice following Monday’s pro day.
“I thought it was very lively with very good tempo,” head coach Dan Enos told cmuchippewas.com. “The good thing about having a lot of guys who have been around here a couple years is that they know how to practice, they know what we expect of them as far as the speed of practice, and they know how to move from drill to drill.”
The pro day brought an official end to the CMU careers of the likes of tackle Eric Fisher, Jahleel Addae, Ryan Radcliff and Cody Wilson.
Which means now just a month and one day separate Chippewas fans from getting a first look of the new team that is coming off its first bowl win since the 2009-10 season.
Kickoff for the spring game will be 1 p.m. April 13, and the holes left open by Addae, Fisher, Radcliff, Wilson and the rest of the senior class will have to be filled.
Twenty-six players with experience starting will be coming back to Mount Pleasant, including standout senior running back Zurlon Tipton, wide receiver junior Titus Davis and junior linebacker Justin Cherroci.
But the questions to be answered are who will fill the holes left by Addae, Radcliff, Fisher and Wilson, and that is where the spring game comes into play.
Players get a chance to show how they play in game situations, while fans get try to solve the question for themselves on who will be the new starting quarterback. There are four quarterbacks on the roster, and all of them are in contention.
Who will fill in for the hole left by Fisher at left tackle, perhaps redshirt senior Jake Olson can fill in for Fisher.
It looks as if the receivers will be OK with Wilson, with Davis, sophomore Andrew Florey and junior Courtney Williams returning to try to fill the void.
Who will lead the defensive backs, while Addae is leaving the defensive backs are returning plenty with senior Avery Cunningham, junior Jarret Champman and sophomore Kavon Frazier.
The first game of the season is Aug. 21 at Michigan, but who will be starting could be a little more clear by April 13.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here