SGA election begins Monday online

Polls open Monday to elect the next Student Government Association president.

The new president will be sworn in the day before SGA’s next meeting.

“We will know (the winner) by Sunday (April 11) after the polls close,” said Sean Howard, co-chairman of the Elections Committee.

LIVE STREAM RECAP -Click here to view a recap of Mouzourakis and Breed's live stream with CM Life. -Click here to view a recap of Agnello's live stream with CM Life.
The candidates will know ahead of time after the Elections Committee learns of the results, the Marysville senior said.

Troy junior Evan Agnello, a presidential candidate, said he hopes a lot of voters visit the Web site.

“I feel the students know the truth,” Agnello said. “I’m more excited to see how many students come out to vote.”

Use your voice Student Government Association election - Log in: vote.cmich.edu - Voting ends: Noon April 11
Garden City senior Brittany Mouzourakis, also a candidate, said she is excited to see the results.

“Dave and I have done a great job campaigning,” Mouzourakis said. “I think we have a really good chance.”

Featured on the online ballot will be the presidential and vice presidential candidates, along with the treasurer and 11 senators qualified to run.

Howard said students can vote for every senator.

“There are more than 11 seats, but there are not enough people,” Howard said.

There will be a computer located in the University Center on the first floor solely for voting, Howard said.

He said a press conference will be held at 6 p.m. April 12 announcing the winner.

Voting ends at noon April 11.

Students will be asked to type in their global identification when voting online at vote.cmich.edu.