Ke$ha to perform February 25 at Central Michigan University Events Center's first concert

Central Michigan University will get a little sleazier in  February when hip-hop star Ke$ha swings through Mount Pleasant as part of her “Get Sleazy” tour.

CMU Program Board President Steve Lewis said Ke$ha will be the first concert at the new Events Center on February 25 and he expects her to draw quite the crowd.

“We are hoping she sells the place out,” the Allegan junior said.

He said the Program Board does not know who the opening acts are yet because Ke$ha has yet to announce the full lineup for the “Get Sleazy” tour.

Lewis said tickets will go on sale Dec. 3 for students and will be priced at three different levels: $20 for lower tier seats,  $16  for middle-level seats and $13 for higher-level seats.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Dec. 9, he said, and are priced at $25, $20 and $16 depending on seat location.

He said the decision to bring Ke$ha to campus was not solely that of the Program Board, but that it received input from other organizations on campus.

“It wasn’t just our decision,” Lewis said. “We talked with different Greek organizations, (Minority Student Services), and athletics and all the students associated with them.”

The Program Board wasn’t originally planning on bringing Ke$ha to campus, but her schedule made it an easy decision, he said.

“She kind of fell into our laps, actually,” he said. “It worked out completely perfect for us, she is playing in Chicago the day before and in Detroit the day after, so it worked out great.”