Men’s track and field team places second at Harvey Invite

The Central Michigan men’s track and field team finished second place out of four teams at the Jack Harvey Invitational on Friday in Ann Arbor.

The Chippewas competition included Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Detroit Mercy.

Senior multi-event athlete Josh Kettlewell set a personal best in pole vault with a 17-01 vault. He nearly matched the indoor pole vault record of 17-06.

Despite the women's event went unscored, both CMU teams provided strong performances, with 10 top-five finishes out of 16 events.

Senior thrower George Flanner finished first in the shot-put with a distance of 51-00.25. Senior thrower Kevin Mays also finished first in the weight throw event with a distance of 64-07.25.

Tecumseh Adams won the mile run for the men’s team with a time of 4:12.82, less than a second within his personal best. Senior jumper Kevin Bacon won the long jump with a distance of 21-08.25.

Some of the women’s best performances came in the 3,000 meter. Senior long-distance runner Holly Anderson finished first with a time of 9:58.17. Anderson’s teammate, sophomore long-distance runner Krista Parks, finished in third in the same event with a time of 10:16.34.

The women’s team also finished second in the 400-meter relay, with a composite time of 3:57.9.

Senior Stephanie Hurley won the 400-meter dash with a season-best time of 58.02.

The men’s and women’s track and field team will compete Friday at The Cardinal invitational in Saginaw.