UPDATED: Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul coming to CMU Saturday

dr_paul_highresolution

Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul will speak at 6 p.m. Saturday in Warriner Hall's Plachta Auditorium.

Paul was invited to speak by Central Michigan University Campus Conservatives.

Campus Conservatives President and Mount Pleasant senior Taylor Jackson said the registered student organization is honored to bring Paul to speak at CMU.

“This is an opportunity to engage the community in a critical discussion on solutions to the challenges facing our country. Campus Conservatives has always been about bringing together the extended conservative family for thoughtful discussions," Jackson said in an email. "This promises to be a great opportunity for students and the broader community to hear from a major voice at such a critical time in our country’s history.”

Jackson said the event is designed to engage the community, including students, in discussions about possible solutions to problems facing America, but that the event does not constitute an endorsement by himself or the RSO.

"(Campus Conservatives) do not endorse any single candidate," Jackson said. "I'm an advocate of promoting that critical discussion and would host any candidate who wanted to come."

In January, Paul won CMU College Republicans' primary straw poll.

Doors will open to those who sign up for vouchers beforehand at ronpaulatcmich.eventbrite.com/ at 5 p.m. and remaining general admission will begin at 5:30 p.m.