CMU running back Austin White sought by police following drug investigation, two other players arrested

Two Central Michigan University football players were arrested Tuesday, while a third is being sought by police for involvement in a drug investigation.

Sophomore tight end Joe Sawicki and freshman wide receiver Danel Harris were arrested by CMU police Tuesday in a residence hall on campus, chief Bill Yeagley confirmed to Central Michigan Life. Yeagley would not specify which residence hall, but said the two were arrested “without incident.”

A warrant was also issued Tuesday for sophomore running back Austin White, whose whereabouts are unknown at this time. White faces charges of manufacturing narcotics, possession of narcotics and maintaining a drug house, Yeagley said.

Sawicki was arrested on the same three charges, Yeagley said. He is alleged to have been growing and selling psilocybin mushrooms. He was lodged in Isabella County Trial Court, where he was arraigned Tuesday and released on bond.

Harris remains lodged in jail on Tuesday on a $10,000 cash bond.

Yeagley said the department began an investigation stemming from stolen property, which led police to a room containing the drug.

According to the CMU directory, White and Sawicki share a room in Celani Hall, along with wide receiver Deon Butler, who was recently suspended by CMU for a violation of team rules.

Keep checking cm-life.com for more on this developing story.