Some CMU students plan to sport green for clash with MSU

State

Although many Central Michigan University students are committed Chippewas in academia, some will sport their Spartan gear for Saturday's football game.

“I grew up near East Lansing and that’s home to me," said Holt CMU sophomore Anastasha Franco. "I was raised as a Spartan fan so that’s naturally who I root for.”

Even some non-Lansing natives will be rooting for Michigan State University.

“State will win because they are a Big Ten team and we are a MAC team, so their program is better,” said Traverse City junior Andrew Zelinski.

When it comes to showing school spirit at the game, there is a bit of controversy for some students that have torn ideas on who to root for.

“I made a shirt that is half MSU and half CMU because I go here, but I want MSU to win because they are overall better. No one is up to par skill-wise to MSU,” Franco said.

state2

Some students felt that cheering for MSU was a better idea because of the way that our football team was performing last year.

“We need better recruitment to make our team stronger if we want to beat MSU,” Zelinski said.

The fact that some students think that MSU may come out on top is not going to stop them from having fun at their own stadium with their mixed group of friends.

“I’m going to tailgate with friends from Central and State, and I know that collectively we can all have fun together,” said Lansing sophomore Katlyn Kyriakopoulos.