Mount Pleasant man, 20, dies from stab wound at Main Street apartment, police say

UPDATED: Police have confirmed the victim to be Tyrone Stanley, 20, of Mount Pleasant.

A 20-year-old Mount Pleasant man has died following an early-morning stabbing at a Main Street apartment.

Police were called to an apartment in the 100 block of S. Main Street just before 4:30 a.m. Saturday, where officers found Tyrone Stanley, 20, of Mount Pleasant suffering from a stab wound, according to a Saturday afternoon news release from the Mount Pleasant Police Department. Stanley was transported to McLaren-Central Michigan and pronounced dead upon arrival.

Police later identified the suspect, a 25-year-old Mount Pleasant man, and arrested him. He remains lodged at the Isabella County Jail awaiting arraignment.

A forensics team from the Michigan State Police crime lab in Grayling is processing the crime lab and currently has the area roped off, according to local reports.

Saturday morning's stabbing marks the third murder in the Mount Pleasant area within the last year. Earlier this month, 22-year-old Anthony Michael Bennett of Mount Pleasant was charged with killing his girlfriend's 4-year-old son in June at the couple's home on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian tribal reservation.

Most recently, John Douglas White, 55 of Broomfield Township, was charged with the Oct. 31 murder of 24-year-old Rebekah Jane Gay. White, who lived in the same trailer park as Gay, is alleged to have strangled her to death. His arraignment was postponed for psychiatric evaluations.

Keep checking cm-life.com for more on this developing story.