CMU to sell Little Caesars Pizza Bowl tickets at $25 for public, $10 for students

Student tickets for Central Michigan's football game against Western Kentucky in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl will be $10 for students and $25 for the general public, the university announced Tuesday night.

Students will be able to buy up to two tickets at the CMU Events Center box office beginning 8 a.m. Thursday. For non-students, tickets will cost $25 for a reserved seat, $35 for club seats and $15 with a group of 10 or more. A family four-pack of tickets will be $75.

CMU received 10,000 tickets from the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, to be played Dec. 26 at Ford Field in Detroit, and has put no cap on how many tickets will go to students. The student section will be in the end zone. Student tickets will also be on sale at the CMU Bookstore and residence halls, though the date for those sales will be decided later in the week.

"We're very excited to play here. We have a lot of players from (Michigan); I'm from Detroit myself," head coach Dan Enos said. "It's a great bowl for us to play in; there should be a lot of Chippewas fans and alumni."

CMU played in the Motor City Bowl, since renamed the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, three years in a row from 2006 to 2008.

"It was looking like, for awhile Sunday, like we might play in Washington, D.C.," senior quarterback Ryan Radcliff said. "I think this is much better  for our fans – it should be like a home game."

Western Kentucky is giving away free tickets to students for its first-ever bowl game. Students can also purchase a $50 travel package that includes roundtrip bus transportation, a night in a hotel after the game and a commemorative WKU bowl game ticket.

For all other fans, WKU is selling tickets for $50 for VIP and $40 for regular tickets. The same travel package for non-WKU students will cost $150.

"I'm really excited; I think it's a great game for Central to have fans come," senior wide receiver Cody Wilson said. "I grew up going to games in that stadium. We won the (Mid-American Conference) Championship game there when I was a freshman"