Fisher earns All-American honor, Addae named to all-star game roster

Both senior offensive lineman Eric Fisher and senior defensive back Jahleel Addae received honors Wednesday.

Fisher was selected to the Associated Press All-American Third Team and Sports Illustrated All-American Second Team, while Addae received an invite to play in the 2013 East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 19 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL.

Fisher is the 20th player in the history of CMU's football program to receive an All-American honor and is the first since 1994 when running back Brian Pruitt was named to the AP All-American First Team.

Fisher was named to the All-Mid-American Conference First Team and is currently projected to be a first round draft pick in the 2013 NFL Draft in many mock drafts.

The East-West Shrine Game has been played since 1925, the longest running all-star game, and allows the best players across the nation to show their talents to NFL scouts before April's NFL Draft.

Addae was CMU's top tackler after being named to the Jim Thrope Award Preseason Watch List and received All-MAC Second Team honors. He is the seventh ranked saftey in the NFL Draft out of 121 according to nfldraftscout.com.

Addae and Fisher helped the Chippewas earn their first bowl bid since the 2010 GMAC Bowl when they take on Western Kentucky in the Little Caesers Pizza Bowl in Detroit on Dec. 26.