CMU's Tickets Central to sell Indian Trails bus tickets

The Indian Trails bus company is entering an agreement with Central Michigan University to sell bus tickets out of Ticket Central, located in McGuirk Arena.

This agreement will provide CMU students and the Mount Pleasant community an Indian Trails ticketing service and pickup point.

"The university admissions office approached us asking us if we would be able to stop on the campus," said Ken Henry, vice president of Indian Trails. "The discussion went further to be able to (sell) tickets on campus."

Until the agreement is in place, students may purchase tickets from the bus driver. The ticket prices vary depending on the travel destination.

The pickup point is at the circle drive in front of the Events Center at 1:30 p.m. for the southbound bus and 7:30 p.m. for the northbound bus.

"We serve all of the lower peninsula and the upper peninsula," Henry said. "Students can virtually travel anywhere from Mount Pleasant where the Greyhound goes."

For a complete listing of the various travel destinations and ticket prices, students can visit the Indian Trails website.

"Students will receive a 10-percent discount off of all fares," Henry said.

Indian Trails, however, will not provide parking for customers. CMU Parking Services will be patrolling the parking lots and any customer that decides to park on campus will be doing so at their own risk.

Indian Trails plans on having tickets available online very soon, Henry said.

Students will still receive their 10 percent discount when ordering online.