Jahleel Addae, Eric Fisher have another chance to impress NFL scouts

The season might be over, but a pair of Chippewas will have one more opportunity to showcase their skills to NFL teams.

Senior safety Jahleel Addae has been invited to play in the East-West Shrine Game, and senior tackle Eric Fisher will play in the Senior Bowl.

“What happens in these games is that NFL people see you play against great competition,” said head coach Dan Enos. “With guys like Jahleel and (Fisher), the more they’re around these scouts, coaches and general managers, the more their stocks will continue to rise because they're really good communicators, good people and they’re both going to work hard.”

Addae, a 2012 team co-captain, will play the East-West Shrine Game in his home state of Florida on Jan 19. The 88th annual event will take place at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

The 5-foot-11, 200-pound native of Valrico, Fla. is a three-time All-Mid-America Conference selection. He finished third on the team with 89 tackles, including 40 solo tackles in 2012. Addae also had two sacks and tied for the MAC lead with four interceptions. Addae compiled 302 tackles, including 15 for a loss and eight interceptions during his career at CMU.

Fisher, a 6-foot-8, 305-pound native of Rochester was named second-team All-American honors from SI.com and third-team honors from the Associated Press. He is considered to be one of the top left tackles in the upcoming NFL draft, something that comes to no surprise to his coaches.

“Fish has really helped himself,” Enos said.  “He’s had a tremendous season. He’s really developed himself. We’re not surprised he’s getting the looks he is. Two years ago, we were watching him in our winter conditioning program. I looked at the coaches in our staff meeting on the first day and said that guy is going to play the NFL.”

Enos added that a lot of the credit should go to offensive line coach Mike Cummings and strength and conditioning coordinator Rick Perry.

“I know pro scouts have commented on how well Eric’s been coached,” Enos said. “Put that together with a guy who has tremendous natural ability who works everyday and wants to be a great player, and you can see why NFL teams want him.”

The Senior Bowl will be played on Jan. 26 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala. Fisher will be coached by Dennis Allen and the Oakland Raiders staff.

Enos also said that if senior wide receiver Cody Wilson, who is not playing in a showcase game, gets into an NFL camp, he has a great chance to make a team. Wilson had 74 catches for 840 yards and three touchdowns in 2012.