Four suspects arrested in connection to retail fraud of more than $5,000 from Dunham's Sporting Goods

Mount Pleasant police have arrested four men in connection to retail fraud of more than $5,000 Sunday at Dunham’s Sporting Goods.

The Mount Pleasant Police Department responded to retail fraud at Dunham’s, 2129 S. Mission St. Officers were then able to locate the suspects on Appian Way near Mission St.

Dustin Robert Brown, a 17-year-old male, was placed under arrest at that time, police said.

“The subsequent investigation has led to the recovery of stolen property with the value in excess of $5,000,” said Public Information Officer Jeff Thompson. “The property was identified as being taken during a breaking and entering and numerous retail frauds from several of our local stores over the last six months.”

The four male suspects arrested are Brown, 27-year-old John Anthony Merchant, 22-year-old James Allen Chandler and 18-year-old Jaylen William-LaFranc Miles.

The men were arrested and then arraigned Wednesday at the 76th District Court for the charge of home invasion in the second degree.

“We are confident that the investigation will result in numerous other charges for the subjects,” Thompson said.

The bond, as well as its conditions for each suspect, has not been released.