Program Board: Ron Jeremy will not appear at porn debate, but event may still go on

Program Board confirmed Friday porn star Ron Jeremy will not attend the Feb. 19 "Great Porn Debate" at Central Michigan University.

Jeremy remains hospitalized in Los Angeles after suffering a heart aneurysm Tuesday afternoon. TMZ.com reported Thursday Jeremy will remain at Cedars-Sinai Hospital for the next two weeks while doctors monitor his heart.

"I spoke to Ron's agent yesterday, and Ron will not be able to speak at CMU in February," Program Board Director Damon Brown said.

No decision has been made whether the event will be rescheduled.

"We were given a couple of options, and we will decide next week how we want to proceed ... We have some options that we, as an executive board, need to discuss and then we will go from there," Brown said.

Feb. 19's "Great Porn Debate" was scheduled to feature Jeremy and anti-porn pastor Craig Gross in Plachta Auditorium and was one of a variety of sexual awareness programs Program Board is sponsoring in February.

“Ron is currently in ICU recovering from two major heart surgeries today … The surgeries went well,” Ron’s management team posted on his Facebook page Wednesday night. “… His doctors and his family now just want him to rest and have complete privacy.”

Program Board agreed to pay $13,000 for Ron Jeremy’s appearance and expected a large turnout for the event.