2013 football schedule released

The 2013 football schedule was released Friday and on it has five teams that went to bowl games last season and five home games.

“We’re excited to get our 2013 season schedule, especially as we prepare to enter our spring practice season,” said head coach Dan Enos in release from CMU Athletics. “We’ve had a great off-season and are excited to get our new freshmen on campus this summer. We have great leadership with our upperclassmen and the team has overall talent to reach our goals this fall. We are very excited about the season ahead, for both our team and our fans.”

On Saturday August 31 the 2013 Central Michigan football team will travel to the Big House to take on Michigan to open the regular-season.

The following weekend will be the home opener when the team welcomes New Hampshire on Saturday Sept. 7. The Wildcats went 8-4 last season, finishing third in the Colonial Athletic Association of the FCS, formally known as Division 1-AA.

On Sept. 14 the Chippewas will travel Las Vegas to take on UNLV. The Runnin' Rebels went 2-11 last season in the Mountain West Conference.

The non-confernece schedule will end when they travel to North Carolina State on Saturday Sept. 28. The Wolfpack went 7-6 last season and lost to Vanderbilt in the Music City Bowl, 38-24.

CMU will begin conference play at Kelly/Shorts Stadium against Toledo on Saturday Sept. 21, after seven home games last season it will have five this season.

It will have two road games on Saturday Oct. 5 and Saturday Oct. 12 at Miami (Ohio) and Ohio before returning to Kelly/Shorts Stadium to take on defending Mid-American Conference Champions Northern Illinois, which lost in the Orange Bowl to Florida State, 31-10.

The game against the Huskies will be on Homecoming weekend and will played on Saturday Oct. 19.

The team will be back on the road for an 8 p.m. kickoff on Wednesday Nov. 6 at Ball State to be aired on ESPN2.

The Western Michigan rivalry will be back in Kalamazoo and the Broncos have won the last two meetings after the Chippewas won the previous five. The game will be played on Saturday Nov. 16.

MAC newcomer UMass will be making its MAC debut to Kelly/Shorts Stadium on Saturday Nov. 23.

The regular-season will end on Friday Nov. 29 against Eastern Michigan which will be aired on ESPNU or ESPN3, it is the only non-Saturday home game this season.

Saturday, Aug. 31 at Michigan

Saturday, Sept. 7 vs New Hampshire

Saturday, Sept. 14 at UNLV

Saturday, Sept. 21 vs Toledo

Saturday, Sept. 28 at NC State

Saturday, Oct. 5 at Miami (Ohio)

Saturday, Oct. 12 at Ohio

Saturday, Oct. 19 vs Northern Illinois (Homecoming)

Wednesday, Nov. 6 at Ball State (ESPN2)

Saturday, Nov. 16 at WMU

Saturday, Nov. 23 vs UMass

Friday, Nov. 29 vs EMU (ESPNU/ESPN3)