Jahleel Addae happy with pro day performance

ARK_CMUvWKU_13
Andrew Kuhn/Staff Photographer Redshirt freshman wide receiver Andrew Flory celebrates with teammates after scoring a touchdown during the first half of Wednesday's Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl against Western Kentucky at Ford Field. Flory finished the game with three receptions for 105 yards and two touchdowns during Central Michigan's 24-21 win over the Hilltoppers.

Get up, eat, workout, treatment, workout and sleep.

For the last two months, that has been Central Michigan safety Jahleel Addae’s life as he prepared for CMU’s pro day at Athletic Edge in Sarasota, Fla.

“My life has been 24/7 football,” Addae said. "I just wanted to come out here and do a good job.”

Addae, a 5-foot-10, 196-pound native of Valrico, Fla., is projected to be a mid-to-late round draft pick. He was a team captain in 2012 and has talked to several scouts since he participated in the East-West Shrine Game on Jan 21.

“I talked to about 14 teams at the East-West Game,” Addae said. "(Monday) I spoke with about five teams. It’s a big sigh of relief after today. I’ve worked so long for this moment, and it’s finally over. I’ve put in my work and shown what I can do. Now it’s just a waiting game.”

Unofficially, Addae ran a 4.68 40-yard dash, had a 10-foot-4 broad jump, a 38.5 vertical jump and benched-pressed 225 pounds 10 times at CMU’s pro day. Coupled with his work in positional drills, Addae said he was happy with his performance.

“A lot of the scouts told me that they like me and that I had a pretty good showing today, so that’s all a blessing,” Addae said. “I was trying to show that I can run, flip my hips and show well in defensive back drills.”

Twenty-six NFL teams and one Canadian Football League team had representatives at CMU’s pro day, thanks in large part to his teammate Eric Fisher, who is projected to be a top-10 draft pick in April’s NFL Draft. The added attention should benefit players like Addae.

“(Fisher) really brought a big crowd out, and he deserves everything he’s getting,” he said. “It helps other players like me because I get to showcase my talent as well; it’s a plus for everybody.”

Addae compared his playing style to Detroit Lions safety Louis Delmas and Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

“I’m a dedicated leader,” Addae said. “I’m ready to work, on defense, on special teams, anything it takes to help the team win. I’m passionate and play the game with energy; I’m a baller.”