CMU to be featured on Victoria's Secret attire

Central Michigan University will soon be featured on Victoria's Secret clothing.

The Victoria’s Secret PINK clothing line has more than 50 schools across the nation represented in their campus gear, and, this year, they created the “PINK Your Campus” competition to add more schools to their brand.

CMU is one of 10 schools that won the Victoria’s Secret “PINK Your Campus” contest.

Lansing sophomore Anastasha Franco said she voted for CMU on the “PINK Your Campus” whenever it appeared on her Facebook timeline.

“I want CMU to have a PINK clothing line because I've only seen popular or top colleges and professional teams have clothes there,” Franco said.

Both the University of Michigan and Michigan State University have PINK clothing lines at Victoria’s Secret.

“It makes us exclusive now,” Franco said. “Not to mention, VS is known worldwide, and, when people in another state check out the college clothing line and they see CMU, it really says a lot about our school.”

Some of the clothing options that are popular at Victoria’s Secret are yoga pants, sweatshirts and zip-up hoodies, running shorts, sports bras and tank tops.

“What makes it better is that, as a girl, I get to shop at my favorite store and see not only my school colors but also my school logo and name on their clothes,” Franco said.

Midland freshman Kara Harris has worked at Victoria’s Secret for a year and a half and said she thinks sales will skyrocket once the PINK line launches.

“A lot of people ask why CMU doesn’t have a line, but we are a smaller school, so we tend to get overlooked,” Harris said. “I think business not only in our Midland store but all over Michigan will be interested in getting CMU stuff from Victoria’s Secret, especially students and alumni.”

Senior Katie Pohlman said being featured on Victoria's Secret products puts CMU on the map.

“It really just shows how much support and pride our school has,” the Milford native said. “I definitely think I’ll see the sweatshirts and sweatpants around campus. People love to wear that kind of stuff to class,” Pohlman said.

Macomb freshman Janelle McLaughlin is a committee head for the "PINK Your Campus" campaign who is representing CMU.

"I think this is great publicity for CMU, and I am excited to see people representing their attire around campus," McLaughlin said.