NFL Draft viewing party to be held at O'Kelly's Thursday

O'Kelly's Sports Bar and Grille will be hosting an NFL draft viewing party Thursday night, and it's sure to be an eventful night.

Former Central Michigan University offensive tackle Eric Fisher is projected to go as high as the No. 1 overall pick to the Kansas City Chiefs. He is expected to be the highest pick in CMU football history, as well as CMU history, in any sport and the highest pick the Mid-American Conference has had in NFL history.

Live coverage of the draft will be on ESPN and the NFL Network starting at 5 p.m., with the draft itself beginning at 8 p.m.

Everyone in attendance will be entered into a raffle to win memorabilia from former Chippewas who are or have been in the NFL.

Among the teams being projected to draft Fisher are the Jacksonville Jaguars with the No. 2 overall pick, the Philadelphia Eagles with the No. 4 pick and the Detroit Lions with the No. 5 overall pick.

No mock drafts have Fisher outside of the top-five picks.

Fisher would be the first first-round draft pick in the NFL since Joe Staley in 2007, when he was picked with the No. 28 overall selection by the San Francisco 49ers, where he still plays today.

Staley has been named to two Pro Bowls in 2011 and 2012 and was named to two All-Pro selections in 2011 and 2012. He has helped lead the 49ers to the 2012 NFC Championship Game and 2013 Super Bowl.

Staley has been a mentor for Fisher throughout the draft process.

In all sports, NBA center Chris Kaman is the highest overall pick in CMU history.

Kaman, who played at CMU from 2000-03, was the No. 6 overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers in 2003, after he chose to forgo his senior season and enter the draft.

He also played for the New Orleans Hornets, and is currently on the Dallas Mavericks, where he plays alongside his fellow Team Germany Olympic Men's Basketball Team member Dirk Nowitzki.

He was also named to the 2010 Western Conference All-Star team.