Trey Zeigler transferring to TCU

The third time is the charm.

Former Central Michigan guard Trey Zeigler hopes that rings true, as Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports is reporting the senior has officially signed to play at Texas Christian University, his third school since 2010.

Zeigler played one season at the University of Pittsburgh and announced his intent to transfer on April 2, a couple of weeks following the Panthers' 73-55 first round loss to Wichita State. Zeigler played a team-low six minutes in the loss and recorded two rebounds, a block and turned the ball over twice.

Zeigler averaged 15.5 minutes a game for Pitt, cutting his average minutes in half from his time at CMU. He averaged 4.4 points, two rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 turnovers per game.

Zeigler was suspended for two games in November after he was arrested for a DUI in Pittsburgh after he was found passed out behind the wheel of a car.

During his time in Mount Pleasant, Zeigler averaged about 33 minutes a game in his two seasons playing for his father Ernie Zeigler. He averaged about 16 points, six rebounds, two assists and one block per game

Trey left CMU following the firing of his father as the program's head coach.

He now joins a TCU, a team that finished last in the Big 12 at 11-21 overall and 2-16 in the conference. The team has not made a NCAA tournament appearance since 1998.

As of now, Trey cannot play in the 2013-14 season due to transfer rules and has one season of eligibility remaining.