Man wanted for robbing woman of purse outside Speedway gas station Wednesday night

ROBBERY_SUSPECT_JULY2

Mount Pleasant police released a sketch of a man they are looking for in a robbery of a woman outside the Speedway gas station at 201 S. Mission St., Wednesday, June 26 at about 10:30 p.m.

The suspect reportedly snatched a purse from a woman as she was exiting the store following a "brief struggle," according to a Mount Pleasant Police Department news release. He then fled the scene and was last seen running east down Michigan Street.

The alleged thief is described by police as a 40-year-old white male with an average height and build, sporting a gray ponytail and facial hair along with a black shirt and shorts.

Detectives are speaking with witnesses and re-interviewing the victim, while working with sketch artists and tracking down any available surveillance footage. According to Speedway's corporate office, the chain is working with local law enforcement to provide security footage of the event.

“We’re following every lead and making sure everything gets checked,” Public Information Officer Jeff Thompson said. “We have no indication that (the victim) is a CMU student.”

The victim reported no injuries.

Police are asking those with information to contact Central Dispatch at 989-773-1000.

check with CM-Life.com for updates.