Suspect arraigned in connection with armed robbery

scott-1

The Mount Pleasant Police Department has made two arrests in connection with an armed robbery that took place at PLPD, Inc. Insurance Agency, 1243 N. Mission St., Monday.

Reports state that at approximately 4:55 p.m. a white female, cloaked in a black baseball cap, mirrored sunglasses and a surgical mask demanded money from the clerk after brandishing a gun.

The Lansing suspect, Candy Joann Pahl, 42, is being held in Isabella County Jail on $100,000 bond and faces four felony charges: armed robbery, carrying a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent, carrying a concealed weapon and a felony firearm violation.

Brandy Lynn Armstrong, Pahl’s sister, was formerly employed by PLPD and later convicted of embezzlement of between $1,000 and $20,000 at the same business in 2012.

According to a MPPD news release, the clerk was able to provide a description of the vehicle and direction of travel – ultimately resulting in a traffic stop, retrieval of evidence and arrest of two suspects.

Aaron Scott, smiling widely in his mugshot, was in the vehicle with Pahl during the robbery. Scott, 43, was also placed under arrest for receiving and concealing stolen property, driving on a suspended license, possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance.

According to court records, Pahl initially denied involvement in the robbery but later admitted to the crime at the Mount Pleasant Police Department following her arrest.

Pahl’s three felony firearm charges are punishable by up to 12 years in prison, cumulatively. The robbery charge, however, is punishable by any number of years – including life.