CMU receiver Titus Davis (shoulder) 'has a good chance to play' against Northern Illinois, Enos says

It took head coach Dan Enos a few days to come clean, but it appears like junior wide receiver Titus Davis will play Saturday against No. 23 Northern Illinois.

"He's got a good chance to play this week," Enos said during Thursday's CMU "Sideliners" radio show. "It'll be good to get him back in there. It'll help us balance the field out a little bit. When he's out there, people have always got to know where he is."

Davis' status has been up in the air all week, with Enos declaring the team's top receiver probable during the Mid-American Conference coaches' teleconference on Monday and then downgrading him to questionable after practice on Tuesday.

Davis sat out CMU's 26-23 win over Ohio with a shoulder injury, but appeared in good spirits in Athens, throwing the football around on the field before the game. He also took to Twitter before, posting a message saying it would be the "first and final" game he'd miss.

"He wanted to play last week, but obviously we've got to sit there (and wait)," Enos said. "When doc says he's cleared, he's cleared, and then we'll go from there."

A returning Davis, who leads the team with 518 yards receiving and four touchdowns, would be a welcome addition to a receiving corps that is expected to be relied on heavily Saturday (3 p.m., ESPN3). NIU is allowing 155 yards rushing per game, good for third in the Mid-American Conference, making passing a better option for opponents.

"They're going to be real active in the box and they've talked to their football team about not letting us run the football," Enos said. "As always, tight ends, wide outs, whoever it is, you're going to have to play-action and somebody's going to have to make a play down the field."

Losiniecki expected back

Enos said Thursday the team expects to have junior defensive tackle Matt Losiniecki (shoulder) back in limited fashion on Saturday.

"Probably not a ton of plays, but some," Enos said.

The 6-foot-3, 290-pounder from Waukesha, Wis., has been out with injury suffered in CMU's loss at UNLV. He recorded five tackles in the first two games of the season, including four in CMU's home opener against New Hampshire.

Contact Aaron McMann: aaron.mcmann@gmail.com. Follow him on Twitter @AaronMcMann.