Alma College student found dead after days of searching

The body of a missing Alma College freshman was found Tuesday by volunteers in a field off Charles Road in Alma.

Sean Murawske, of Harbor Beach, was last seen at a party Sunday morning. Volunteers signed up and divided into groups to search the city for the 18-year-old. A group of volunteers from his hometown eventually found Murawske's body.

According to Alma Police Deputy Chief Matt Schooley, there are no obvious signs of foul play, but an autopsy is likely to be scheduled.

“The case remains open and is under investigation by the Alma Police Department,” Schooley said in a statement.

Personnel from the Michigan State Police, St. Louis Police, Gratiot County Sheriff’s Office, Gratiot Emergency Management, the Michigan Department of Corrections, Shepherd Police, Alma Fire Department, American Red Cross and Gratiot County Child Advocacy all assisted in the search.

Murawske's two older brothers, Jacob and Daniel, attend Alma College.

Alma College President, Jeff Abernathy, thanked volunteers for their efforts in finding the missing student, and shared his feelings with the family.

“We are deeply saddened by Sean’s passing and extend our condolences to his mother, father, brothers and extended family,” Abernathy said in a written statement. “The thoughts and prayers of the entire Alma College community go out to the family"