Rogers scheduled to perform Saturday at Soaring Eagle Casino

Rogers
MBR
KRT ENTERTAINMENT STORY SLUGGED: MUS-LEGENDS KRT PHOTOGRAPH BY MICHAEL PEREZ/PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER (October 28) Mark Hines, left, as Kenny Rogers, sings to Janice VanBlarcom during a Legends in Concert show in the Palace Theater of Claridge Casino at Bally's Atlantic City, New Jersey, October 20, 2005. The show will impersonate its last legend on Halloween night. (lj) 2005

Country music legend Kenny Rogers is scheduled to perform Saturday at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort.

According to a press release from Webster and Associates, LLC, the country singer has sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, and recorded 65 albums in his 50-plus years in show business.

His long list of timeless classics includes 24 No. 1 hits, according to the press release. Two of Rogers’ albums, "The Gambler" and "Kenny," are featured in the About.com poll of "The 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever," and his Greatest Hits album has sold more than 24 million copies worldwide to date.

"I really, really love what I'm doing," Rogers said in the release. "People survive longer if they love what they're doing."

Rogers was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville on Oct. 27, 2013, during an official medallion ceremony.

As his music ranges from country to soul to pop, Rogers has attracted many fans.

Rogers1
MBR
Rogers2

"I've never considered myself a great singer, but I am a great storyteller," Rogers told Billboard magazine.

Rogers also shared his views on success and the power his songs have had over the years.

"There are a lot of songs that may have initial success, but don't linger the period of time those songs have," he said. "They do take a different value in your heart when they have that kind of staying power that represents your success and represents a feeling and a thought. A song like that becomes a part of your soul."

The show begins at 8 p.m. with ticket prices ranging from $22 to $65. Tickets can be purchased online or directly at the box office in front of the Entertainment Hall, open 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. all week.

Quashon Savage, a Flint sophomore, said the show will mark a proud day for the city of Mount Pleasant.

"I think it's good," he said. "It'll shine some light on Mount Pleasant. A lot of people don't know about Mount Pleasant and Central Michigan, so it'll put a lot of light on it."

The Temptations and The Four Tops are bringing their original motown hits to The Soaring Eagle on February 28 at 8 p.m. They plan to share old favorites and classics with a packed audience. Tickets start at $24. 

Country all-stars The Charlie Daniels Band and Travis Tritt will entertain audiences on March 15 at 8 p.m., bringing their version of rock-infused country to the mid-Michigan area. Tickets start at $25.

Boyz II Men are bringing their soulful sound to central Michigan with special guest Ralph Tresvant on March 29 at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $22 and are on sale now.

Rock legends Styx will be gracing the Soaring Eagle's stage on April 5 at 8 p.m. The "Renegade" band is ready to rock. Tickets start at $24 and go on sale Feb. 1.

All tickets are available online and at the Soaring Ealges' Box Office.