Gas leak Thursday causes brief evacuation of Brooks Hall



Brooks Hall evacuated more than 40 students after a small gas leak was discovered Thursday.

Central Michigan University Police arrived at 6 p.m. to investigate the building after a fire alarm was pulled.

Traci Goldsworthy, director of intro biology labs, said a teacher's assistant discovered the leak in room 130.

"I was in my office working late, and the (teaching assistant) came over and said she noticed the room had a stronger smell than usual," Goldsworthy said. "It was one table that had a valve loose. We had classes earlier today and we didn't have problems using it."

Students had to wait outside Brooks Hall for about 10 minutes before they were let back into the building. Room 130 was then sealed off, and the scheduled class moved next door to room 129.

Goldsworthy said Facilities Management will work on fixing the loose valve.

"We have the situation under control now," Goldsworthy said.


Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in Central Michigan Life.