Seventh inning rally for baseball starts with attacking Miami OH bullpen

While snow and ice completely covered the visitor’s bleachers, things heated up on the field in the seventh inning for Central Michigan.

Down 4-2, the bats caught fire for Chippewas in the bottom of the seventh on way to a rally.

Connecting on five hits, the Chippewas managed to score five runs and take the lead for good.

It all started with the Regnier brothers.

Big brother Nick singled to center field then Logan singled up the middle to advance Nick to second.

Adam Collins got the first run in for the Chippewas in the seventh inning with a single.

“We’ve been a really good team this year when we get into their bullpen,” Collins said. “We try really hard to get their starter out of there. We know they are in tough situation, they are tired and it’s cold out here. We try and attack the bullpen once we get it. We were able to get some base runners and put pressure on them.”

Collins finished the game three hits and two runs batted in.

After struggling to score on Miami starting pitcher Seth Varner, relief pitcher Brad Schwartz replaced Varner in the seventh.

CMU wasted no time in attacking Schwartz.

Head coach Steve Jaksa was pleased with the rally.

“I thought leading off that seventh inning we really had a quality at bat by Nick,” Jaksa said. “We had a good at bat from Logan and then we got a couple infield singles. We had a few big hits and then all of sudden the ballgame is going our way. We kept the momentum.”

The Chippewas have all the momentum after their 8-4 victory against Miami and are undefeated in the Mid-American Conference at 4-0.