A-Senate Notebook: New entrepreneurship department, programs

Zimmerman_84

Entrepreneurship department approved

The College of Business Administration gained a new department at the Academic Senate meeting Tuesday. A-senators voted to approve the new Entrepreneurship Department.

The department was voted on by regular and fixed-term faculty members in the College of Business Administration. It passed with a vote of 53-15. A two-week objection period will conclude on April 22.

New Doctoral designator approved

A Doctoral of Organizational Leadership course designator has been added to the roster of course designators.

According to the Nov. 20 minutes of the Undergraduate Curricular Committee, the new designator will be assigned to the new 60-credit doctoral program and its corresponding coursework. The proposed 60-credit program includes all new courses that require a unique, new designator.

The new designator is part of the Educational Leadership (EDL) program and will be implemented in the fall 2015 semester.

New Master of Arts degree, cultural resource management certificate

A-senators approved the addition of a Master of Arts in Cultural Resource Management degree during Tuesday's meeting. According to the March 19 minutes of the Graduate Committee meeting, the new degree is designed to "prepare professionals for careers in the growing field of cultural resource management."

"The CRM program will equip students with knowledge of disciplinary methods, as well as federal guidelines and regulations governing the practice in this field," the minutes state.

Senators also approved the creation of a Cultural Resource Management certificate. The certificate would be earned along side a Master of Arts degree in fields such as history.