New Venture competition winners take home more than $70,000
The College of Business Administration gave more than $70,000 to young entrepreneurs at Central Michigan University and other schools during the New Venture Competition on Friday.
Six teams of students worked to develop new small business ideas in the hope of taking home some much-needed cash as a reward for their endeavors.
The winners are listed below:
- Team Uncorked, Courtney Lorenz and Emily Miller, won for best overall venture with a prize of $30,000.
- Sinfonia Marching Exposition, Conner Heinle and Troy Prill, won Best Social Venture with a prize of $10,000.
- Garden Mobile, Michael Drew, Zachary Konarska and Joe Shaheen, won the Best Technology award with a prize of $10,000.
- Second Cut Arrow, John Tomasek and Cory Noeker, won the Most Impact on Michigan award with a prize of $10,000.
- Homecrest Coffee Roasters, Christopher Repyak and Dennis Nalor, won Best Lifestyle Venture with a prize of $10,000.
- Beergo, Anthony Lazzaro and Cheryl Hunter, won Highest Growth Potential with a prize of $10,000.
- Team Divinare (Michigan Technological University) and Gone Beachin' (CMU) both won The Spirit of Entrepreneurship award.