Program Board hosting 'Maroonziee' Friday to help students relax before finals

lifeoncampus-1

The Central Michigan University Program Board is hosting is second annual arts and music festival, Maroonziee, from noon to 4 p.m. on Friday in Finch Fieldhouse.

Maroonziee is a festival featuring food from local businesses and local music acts.

“There’s so much to experience at Maroonziee,” said Katie Dewitt, a Grand Rapids junior and director of communications for the Program Board. “It’s a great opportunity for students to come out and have some fun with friends before finals.”

Maroonziee will be offering free items for students as well as entertainment. Caricature drawings, tie-dye shirts, henna tattoos, massages, an oxygen bar, and a Velcro wall are just a few of the activities that will be held during the festival.

Musicians Mark Daisy, Hannah Rae Beale, and Joshua Davis will be performing during Maroonziee. Food provided includes burgers, vegetarian burgers, vegetables, fruit, cotton candy, chips and popcorn. Local restaurants such as Erbert and Gerbert’s, Dog Central, and IHOP will also provide food for students and faculty.

“The number one thing we want is for students and faculty to come and enjoy themselves,” Dewitt said. “We want to see them come together before the end of the semester, that’s what it’s all about.”

Metamora senior Molly Bonfiglio said she would be interested in attending Maroonziee after hearing about the event.

“It sounds like a really fun event,” Bonfiglio said. “It could be a nice stress reliever for students this semester. It would be a nice study break.”