Soaring Eagle Casino to host Jacksons, Queensryche in summer concert series

jackso-iwanty_03

soaringeaglelogo

With classic acts like the Jacksons or pop sensation Train, Mount Pleasant residents will have no shortage of musical fun for the whole family this summer as Soaring Eagle Casino gets set to host another series of concerts and summertime shows.

The concerts and events range from the raunchy to the retro. To plan your next night out with some tasty musical fare, Central Michigan Life has compiled a list of the must-see groups at the premier Mount Pleasant locale.

The Jacksons

Motown icons and the soulful brothers of one of the greatest performers of all time, The Jacksons will be taking the stage at 8 p.m. on June 13. Since 1969, the Jackson brothers have been influencing scores of musicians, singers and dancers alike. The group will undoubtedly be playing their numerous hits like “I Want You Back,” and “Who’s Loving You,” among others. Tickets cost $34-$59.

Queensryche

Operatic progressive metal band Queensryche will be joining forces with hair metal scions Great White to rock Soaring Eagle at 8 p.m. on June 6. Queensryche has performed in more than 46 countries, and sold more than 25 million albums worldwide. The group is most known for their 1988 epice "Operation: Mindcrime." Great White will act as the opening act, and will take listeners on another '80s time warp with popular hits like "Once Bitten Twice Shy.” Tickets costs $15-$40.

Hunter Hayes

Country's answer to Justin Beiber, Hunter Hayes will bring his Nashville stylings to Soaring Eagle Casino’s first outdoor show at 8 p.m. on June 19. Hayes has been nominated for a total of four Grammy Awards in his short career for songs like “Wanted” and “I Want Crazy.” Tickets cost $25-$69.

Chippendales Dancers

One of the hottest properties out of the Las Vegas stable, the Chippendales dancers will be doing what they do best for two nights only at 8 p.m. on May 23-24. The performance will be the group's second stop on their tour throughout the country before hitting other cities like Cincinnati, Cleveland and Indianapolis. The Chippendales were named by the Las Vegas Review Journal as the the best male strip show in Las Vegas.  Ticket costs are $10-$25

Following the show will be the After Dark Pool Party, which will take place after both shows at 10 p.m. Tickets for the after party are priced at $50.

Staind

Nu metal group Staind will perform with special guest Sevendust at 8 p.m. on May 29. Staind has sold 15 million albums worldwide, had eight Top 10 singles and are most known for for their melancholy ballad “It’s Been Awhile.” Opening act Sevendust will be there as their third stop on a 100-day tour throughout the U.S. Tickets cost $30, $42, $54 and $59.

Train

Adult contemporary darlings Train will perform alongside special guest Gin Blossoms. Train will woo its audience at the casino with their soft rock anthems like “Meet Virginia," “Hey Soul Sister” and “50 Ways To Say Goodbye.” The group will take the stage at 8 p.m. on July 10. Tickets cost $25- $74.

'American Idol' Live

American Idol Live 2014 will feature the Top 10 finalist from American Idol’s last season, including C.J. Harris, Jena Irene, Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, MK Nobilette, Alex Preston, Dexter Roberts, Majesty Rose, Malaya Watson and Sam Woolf. The event will take place at 8 p.m. on August 7. Tickets cost $15, $38 and $50.

For more information on ticket pricing, show times and seating, visit Soaring Eagle Casino and Resorts online at soaringeaglecasino.com

Editor-in-chief Ben Solis contributed to this report.