Clare man charged with three felonies from work place peeping incident

David Prawdzik, a 55-year-old man from Clare, was charged with three felonies stemming from an Aug. 14 incident of videotaping his employees in the employees’ only restroom.

The Isabella County Prosecutor’s Office charged Prawdzik with capturing or distributing an image of an unclothed person, tampering with evidence, surveilling unclothed person and eavesdropping, all felonies. Capturing an image of an unclothed person carries a five-year sentence, tampering with evidence carries a four-year sentence and two years for surveilling an unclothed person.

Prawdzik was also charged with using a computer to commit a crime, a one-year misdemeanor.

On Aug. 14 at approximately 4:30 p.m., the Mount Pleasant Police Department responded to a complaint of a manager videotaping employees using the restroom at the Chemical Bank on Pickard Street.

Earlier that day an employee found a camera located in a toilet paper roll that was propped up behind the bathroom stall. After finding the camera, the employe notified Prawdzik who took the camera.

According to the MPPD, he attempted destroy it and flee the business.

MPPD officers located Prawdzik and interviewed him about the incident. Prawdzik admitted to placing the camera in the employees’ only bathroom and confessed to videotaping the employees while in the bathroom for the past couple of weeks.

Prawdzik was taken into custody and lodged at the Isabella County Jail. He is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.

About Malachi Barrett

Editor-in-Chief Malachi Barrett is Battle Creek senior majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Malachi Barrett →