Fired golf coach Beidleman falsified resume, drivers license

Tom Beidleman, the former Central Michigan University women's golf coach, lied to university officials about graduating from Ferris State University's PGA Golf Management program. 

Beidleman was fired by CMU on Aug. 27. Ferris State University officials confirmed for Central Michigan Life that he is not a graduate of the program although he lists the university as his alma mater on his resume. Beidleman falsified this information on the application he submitted to the CMU Athletics Department.

Personnel documents acquired by Central Michigan Life through the Freedom of Information Act also show that Beidleman was issued a university car through the athletics department without a valid driver's license. The license given to athletics was false, according to Beidleman's personnel file. Both the license number and identifying picture were invalid.

In a March 19 email between Nick Williams, associate athletics director, and an Alma Auto representative, Williams indicated that he had commandeered the keys and vehicle from Beidleman and would hold them until he provided proof of his license.

Athletics Director Dave Heeke will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. in the CMU Events Center Lower Club Lounge to address Beidleman's firing.