SGA: Student Budget Allocation Committee revises policy for RSO conference refunds

Registered Student Organizations will have new standards when applying for reimbursements for conference fees.

The Student Budget Allocation Committee revised its policies for conference funding for the 2014-2015 school year. The revisions were approved during Monday's Student Government Association meeting.

Shelbe Klebs, a Davison senior and chairperson for SBAC discussed some of the revised guidelines with SGA representatives. 

“We have an 80,000 dollar budget that we give out to RSO’s for projects and conferences," said Klebs.

According last years SBAC bylaws, RSO’s receiving SBAC funds had to submit a summary and an assessment of the conference. However, this academic year organizations must also present a symposium about the conference they attended.

“Anyone who applies for and receives conference funding acquired at the end of the year will be required to present about it," said Klebs. “If they don’t, they could potentially lose SBAC privileges for the following year. This would be at the discretion of myself and the SBAC advisor."

The SBAC budget allows for limited funding of conferences, so reimbursements are on a first come, first served basis.

"When the $38,000 is gone, we have no more money for conferences," Klebs said.

RSOs can access forms to apply for funding on their OrgSync portals.

Danielle Rossman, the coordinator for Student Organization Services and Student Activities and Involvement was unavailable for an interview.