Top six financial institutions in Mount Pleasant according to student votes

Students at Central Michigan University have many options when it comes to handling their hard earned money. According to Central Michigan Life’s “Best of Central Michigan” survey, conducted during spring 2013, these are the top six banking institutions in Mount Pleasant.

Independent Bank: With locations in the Bovee University Center and 319 E. Broadway St. downtown, it is convenient for students to gain access to their money at this Michigan-based bank.

PNC Financial Services: National bank PNC Financial Services came to Mount Pleasant giving students the option to stay with their hometown banks. The institution has two locations in the city, 1419 S. Mission St. and 409 N. Mission St.

Isabella Bank and Trust: Isabella Bank and Trust has been a staple in the community since 1903. The institution has five locations around Mount Pleasant, including downtown and right next to campus.

Isabella Community Credit Union: This locally owned credit union gives students an option apart from chain banking systems. The credit union has two locations on either side of town.

Mercantile Bank: Formerly First Bank, this institution has several locations around Mount Pleasant.

Members First Credit Union: The newcomer in town, Members First Credit Union has two locations in Mount Pleasant, 4490 E. Blue Grass Road and 4976 E. Broadway.