Students share opinions on Enos departure

Students across campus were shocked to hear Central Michigan University head football coach Dan Enos resigned on Thursday to accept a position as offensive coordinator position at the University of Arkansas.

At the Bovee University Center and Student Activity Center, students voiced their opinions of Enos’ departure, the football team and how they feel about getting a new coach.

Tage Green, 21, junior, attended three home games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “I was surprised. I didn’t think he was going anywhere.”

On the football team as a whole: “I think the football team is good. They can only get better.”

Cierra Toliver, 21, sophomore, attended one home game this season.

On Enos leaving: “I think he quit. President (George) Ross received a nice offer from the University of Nebraska and he stayed.”

On the football team as a whole: “We have a good team. I know some of the guys and they work hard at what they do. They have a lot of support here.”

Excitement for a new coach: “We will see how he does.”

Joe Hymel, 19, sophomore, fired the CMU cannon at five games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “I’m surprised. I thought we did a good job this year and to have him leave like he did is shocking.”

On the football team as a whole: “I think it is a good program. They have a good relationship with the fans. They are great guys.”

Excitement for a new coach: “You obviously need to fill the empty slot but I’m indifferent. Why replace a good thing?”

Travis McDonald, 21, senior, attended three home games this season.

On Enos leaving: “I feel good about it. I feel like he was suited for a coordinator position anyway.”

On the football team as a whole: “I think we have room for improvement but they work hard.”

Excitement for a new coach: “If it is the right one then I am fine. I hope we get (former University of Michigan coach) Brady Hoke.”

Samantha Payk, 22, senior, attended every home game in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “I am fine with it. I was surprised when I saw it on Twitter.”

On the football team as a whole: “I like the guys on the team. They are genuine and here to play. They care about each other and the fans.”

Excitement for a new coach: “I think change is a good thing and if it improves the program, then why not?”

Alyssa Barkoich, 20, junior, attended five home games this past season.

On Enos leaving: “I think it is his choice. He coached the team well and I hope he does well (at Arkansas).”

On the football team as a whole: “I think they are good and hard-working. I have them in some of my classes and they seem nice.”

Excitement for a new coach: “Enos did a great job coaching and I am excited to see a new coach come in.”

Alec Hewett, 22, senior, attended all six home games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “It came as a shock. After a crazy bowl game, I was excited for this season. I am sad to see him go and kind of surprised.”

On the football team as a whole: “I think they are exciting to watch. They have good, close games and put up points.”

Excitement or a new coach: “I’m not necessarily happy but I’m curious. The coaching carousel is full of people so it will be interesting to see what is out there.”

Jessica Kontur, 18, freshman, attended four home games this season.

On Enos leaving: “I am sad. He did really well this year and we had an awesome bowl game. I thought he put his heart into the team.”

On the football team as a whole: “We have a good team and a lot of potential but we still do not have what it takes to win a championship yet.”

Excitement for a new coach: “Yes and no because he was doing a good job but it will be interesting to see someone new in charge.”

Lacey Rouse, 18, freshman, attended five home games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “It was random because we did well. Arkansas is a step up though so it must be nice for him.”

On the football team as a whole: “They are a very good team.”

Mike DiMango, 21, junior, attended five games this past season.

On Enos leaving: “I think it is fine that he left. I think the team will be better without him.”

On the football team as a whole: “We are not the best but I like watching them.”

Excitement for a new coach: It should be interesting. (Enos) did an ok job but I think we can do better.”

Steven Cvetkovski, 21, senior, attended two games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “It is better for him. Hopefully someone else can do a better job.”

On the football team as a whole: “They are average. They can do better.”

Excitement for a new coach: “I’m happy.”

Jesse Evans, 20, sophomore, attended every home game this past season.

On Enos leaving: “I think it is due time. We have not been a competitive team since (University of Notre Dame head coach) Brian Kelly was here.”

On the football team as a whole: “I would like to see them get back to the Dan LeFevour/Antonio Brown days. With Michigan State (University) on the schedule I want to see them compete. I want to stay longer than halftime and not see the stadium look like a high school game.”

Toren Sanchez, 19, freshman, attended three home games in 2014.

On Enos leaving: “I feel like he backed out on his coaching staff and players and it is wrong.”

Excitement for a new coach: “It depends but at this point, yeah. Hopefully the next coach is committed.”

Alex Cesal, 18, freshman, attended every home game this past season.

On Enos leaving: “He left a little late for the recruiting process. Hopefully we will get a good coach.”

Brock LaBar, 18, freshman, attended five home games in 2014.

On the football team as a whole: “They had a good season. They could have won a few more of those close games.”

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →