Extra points: Bradford named to Wooden list, Horan receives MAC honor

Senior guard Crystal Bradford (#23) avoids Northern Illinois guard Ally Lehman (#31) at McGuirk Arena, Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015. CMU won the game 56-43.

MAC Wrestler of the Week named

Junior 141-pound wrestler Zach Horan has been named Mid-American Conference wrestler of the week.

Weighing in at 141 pounds, Horan won two matches last week, bringing his season record to 12-4 (4-0 in MAC matches).

A native of Nazareth, Pa., Horan went from being ranked 14th nationally to 11th by Intermat. He currently is in third place in the January MAC rankings.

Last weekend he defeated the University of Missouri’s Lavion Mayes, 9-5, handing Mayes his first loss of the season in the process.

CMU (5-5, 3-1 in MAC) will be back at home Sunday in a league dual against Northern Iowa University.

Bradford named to midseason list

Crystal Bradford has been named to the John R. Wooden Award Midseason Top 20.

A senior hailing from Inkster, Bradford is the only player from the Mid-American Conference to be included on the list.

She leads the MAC in scoring, with 20.3 points per game, rebounding with 9.1 boards per game and steals with 2.3 per game.

The award is the college basketball’s highest honor for both men and women and the ceremony is set to take place the weekend of April 10-12.

In order to be considered for the John R. Wooden Award, one must prove they making progress toward graduation while maintaining a GPA of at least 2.0.