Epsilon Nu Tau CMU chapter hopes for a diverse group of members

university

Central Michigan University’s newest Greek organization, Epsilon Nu Tau, was founded by five students in 2013. Of the five, President Abbey Newbury, Annie Ludington and Eric Blankenship remain active within the chapter.

The three members hold the fraternity to its original mission, being an opportunity for entrepreneurs across campus.

“We were looking for an outlet for the entrepreneurs to come together because they are from all different majors, not necessarily just business majors,” Newbury said.

Newbury said other business RSOs often focus strictly on professionalism and finding internships, Newbury said. ENT is an alternative for students.

“We were looking for something that was more appealing to people who weren’t necessarily looking to go into corporate America,” Newbury said.

Newbury said it took one to two months to get an ENT chapter to come to CMU. The CMU chapter is one of eight nationally. Newbury said there are about 200 to 350 national members.

CMU’s chapter of Epsilon Nu Tau has grown to 17. ENT is seeking to increase that number with another pledge class from spring recruitment.

Sophomore, Mitchell Olis of Rochester, said he was interested in joining Epsilon Nu Tau because it isn't geared simply toward entering corporate America.

"Many business fraternities are in love with business cards, black suits and resumes. I want something that encourages great individual product ideas and can help me be a better business builder, not necessarily just a better businessman," Olis said.

Like all of Greek organizations, ENT hopes to get involved in serving the community. 

“We are starting to work with local charities and also Soldiers’ Angels. We’ve sent a few letters and care packages, doing what we can there,” Newbury said.

Newbury said ENT works closely with New Venture Club by volunteering at events and competitions. Members compete in New Venture Competitions.

ENT headquarters are currently in the Entrepreneurship Office. However, Newbury said a permanent house is in the near future.

“We are hoping to get a house not this year, but the next,” he said.

Newbury wants to remind students ENT is open to all majors at CMU.

“Entrepreneurs are everywhere. If you are looking for a brotherhood or something to get involved in, we are out there, we are quirky and very inviting.” 

About Andrew Surma

Central Michigan Life Sports Editor

Central Michigan Life Editor in Chief (Summer 2016)

Central ...

View Posts by Andrew Surma →