Extra Points: Moraw earns MAC honor, softball cancels weekend roadtrip

extra_points

Moraw earns MAC honor

By Cody DeBona

Staff Reporter

After winning her fourth Mid-American Conference Gymnast of the Week honor, senior Halle Moraw has been named the Mid-American Conference Female Scholar-Athlete of the Week.

Moraw maintains a 3.48 GPA while pursuing a degree in Early Child Development and Learning.

Moraw scored two career highs in last week’s Chippewa victory over Bowling Green State University. She finished with two 9.9s on vault and floor and a 9.875 on beam on Sunday.

"She really knows what she wants out of life,” said Head Coach Jerry Reighard. “She knows what she's going to do in the future and it starts in the classroom.”

Softball cancels weekend trip to Nashville

By Evan Sasiela

Staff Reporter

The Central Michigan University softball team announced Wednesday it was cancelling its trip to Nashville, Tenn. this weekend to participate in a tournament at Lipscomb University due to uncertain weather conditions..

Temperatures in Nashville are predicted to be below freezing and the forecast calls for precipitation. 

The Chippewas were scheduled to take on Drake University and University of Dayton on Friday, and Lipscomb and Dayton on Saturday

The tean will use the week off to prepare for a nine-day stint in Clearwater, Fla. to take part in the University of South Florida Tournament.

The Chippewas’ will play 12 games during the tournament, including 10 games in five days. CMU will open up the tournament with a doubleheader on March 6 against the University of North Florida and Mercer University.

CMU (2-7) is coming off the San Diego State University Tournament, where they went 2-3, with both wins coming against Seton Hall University.