7-11 on S. Mission Street held up

Mount Pleasant police officers responded to s robbery at the 7-11 store at 2397 S. Mission Street at 3:40 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Officers interviewed the night clerk who provided several details about the subjects vehicle as well as his physical description, which they shared with other local law enforcement agencies.

Shortly after a deputy from the Gratiot County Sherrif's Department stopped a vehicle matching the description of the suspect's car. The deputy then arrested Abdullah Ahmed A Dubis, a 21 year old Mount Pleasant man on other charges not related to the robbery.

Police believe Dubis, a former student at Central Michigan University, entered the 7-11 and demanded money with his hand inside of a bag, claiming he was carrying a weapon. However, no weapon was ever seen or recovered. Dubis then fled the premises in his dark colored four-door sedan heading south on US-127. Dubis attempted to dispose of evidence of the robbery by throwing it onto the freeway. Mount Pleasant police later recovered the evidence Dubis tried to destroy. 

Dubis was arraigned Tuesday on one felony count of Armed Robbery and one count of Unarmed Robbery. Dubis is now being held at the Isabella County Jail on a one million dollar bond awaiting trial.