Seventh annual Up All Night event aims to de-stress students

upallnight
From 11 p.m. until 3 a.m. CMU students participated in many events offered at Up All Night, including inflatable races, a dance-off, dodgeball, and bull riding Fri. March 28, 2014.

The Student Activity Center will come alive on Saturday night, as Up All Night entertains students until the early hours of the morning.

Central Michigan University will be holding the seventh annual Up All Night event from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Saturday, March 28.

Up All Night was first held in 2009 and was run directly by Program Board, but was later taken on by the Office of Student Activities and Involvement. For the last three years, attendance has been around 2,000 students and general public attendees.

The event is meant for students to have fun and relieve stress. Up All Night is free for CMU students with their student IDs and $5 for the general public. 

Both floors of the SAC will host activities and games, ranging from dodgeball tournaments to inflatable jousting and a live DJ. 

Free items include food, inflatables, music and laser tag. Unique this year, “The Hobbit” will be playing in the SAC pool so students can swim during the event.

Garden City junior Rachel Quinn, marketing coordinator for Up All Night, said the event allows students to have a fun night with friends.

“It is important because we are providing a night of alcohol-free entertainment to all students,” Quinn said. “This event really allows our students a place to have a great unique experience with friends and fellow students.”

Bad Axe sophomore Ben Sobczak said the event is a great way to wrap up the end of the year.

"Everything is free and the event gets better and better each year," said Sobczak who attended last year.

For potential giveaways, the Student Activities and Involvement staff is encouraging students to follow their social media accounts. For more  information, visit the event's page on Orgsync.