Up All Night hosts more than 2,000 students

2_up

Grand Rapids freshman Christian Vaness, left, strikes Muskegon freshman Caroline Schillaci, right, with an inflatable jousting pole during the Up All Night festivities March 28 at the Student Activity Center.

From late Saturday night until early Sunday morning, more than 2,000 students enjoyed a wide range of festivities at Up All Night, hosted by Student Activities and Involvement.

"We want a way for students to have fun on campus alcohol free, to blow off some steam and have some fun with friends in a positive atmosphere," said Marketing Coordinator Rachel Quinn. 

There was an array of activities for students to take part in throughout the night, from trying flavored oxygen and laser tag, to a DJ. 

"My favorite things were the dancing and henna tattoos," said China graduate student Kaili Zong.

Students were granted free submission with their student IDs. Community members were admitted for $5. Guests had access to a variety of free food from Mount Pleasant restaurants, including McDonald's, Little Caesars, Insomnia Cookies and Dog Central.

"The music, the dancing and the cookies were my favorite part" said Midland freshman Monyca King.

Other students were excited to experience something new aside from their usual weekend activities.

"I came because I was tired of Wayside, and the cookies were definitely my favorite thing," said Macomb sophomore Nino Martino.

Other popular activities included putt putt golfing, volleyball, poker, inflatables, hacky sack, a photobooth, bingo, Xbox 360 and a dive-in movie. Students were able to relax in the pool with floating tires and enjoy a showing of "The Hobbit."

"(I came for) the fun and festivities and being around all the other fellow chips," said Spring Lake sophomore Shayna Haynes Heard. "I just wanted to have a good time."

The Up All Night event kept students entertained until 3 a.m. 

Students also left with handfuls of coupons to use in Mount Pleasant.