Central Michigan basketball programs announce 2015-16 schedule

Head Coach Keno Davis discusses the Central Michigan University men's basketball team's Mid-American Conference Tournament on March 13 at Quicken Loans Arena.

The Central Michigan University men's and women's basketball teams released their schedules for the 2015-16 season Friday afternoon.

Men's basketball

The CMU men will open the season at home on Nov. 13 against Jacksonville State, which finished 12-19 last season. It will be the first of 12 nonconference games for the Chippewas this season before they open the Mid-American Conference slate Jan. 6 against Eastern Michigan.

The team travels to Estero, Fla. to particpate in the Gulf Coast Showcase during the Thanksgiving Break before returning to McGuirk Arena Nov. 30 to take on McNeese State. The Chippewas will open the Invitational against Weber State Nov. 23.

CMU will play back-to-back home games against Aquinas College from Grand Rapids (Dec. 7) and Texas Southern (Dec. 12) as the fall semester comes to a close.

According to the CMU men's basketball Twitter account, any of CMU's eight Saturday MAC contests could be moved to Friday night for TV reasons.

The women

Head coach Sue Guevara's group will open the season Nov. 13 against Indiana State. Most notably during the nonconference slate, CMU will host Memphis Dec. 15. The Tigers finished 14-17 a year ago.

The Chippewas head for the St. Joseph's Tournament Nov. 28 in Philadelphia Rider and St. Joe. CMU begins the conference portion of the season at home Jan. 2 against Kent State. 

About Dominick Mastrangelo

Dominick Mastrangelo is the Editor in Chief of Central Michigan Life. Contact him at: editor@cm-life.com 

...

View Posts by Dominick Mastrangelo →