Golf team heads to the Players Club for 2015 Cardinal Classic

Greg Cornwell | Staff Photographer Chippewa golf practices during the evening at Mount Pleasant Country Club.

The Central Michigan University women's golf team is competing Monday and Tuesday in the 2015 Cardinal Classic hosted by Ball State at The Players Club in Yorktown, Indiana. The 17 team tournament began with a 36-hole, 8:30 a.m. shotgun start and ends Tuesday after an 18-hole, 9 a.m. shotgun start.

The Chippewas hope to improve from their disappointing last place result at the Mary Fossum Invitational a week ago. Grand Blanc sophomore Kristen Wolfe and Farwell freshman Bria Colosky, who led the Chippewas in their first tournament, will look to stay consistent throughout each round in Yorktown.

“As a team, we are just working on shooting under 80,” Wolfe said. “We are trying to get more consistent and get rid of the big numbers and I think we all have that potential to do it. We just need to work on the little things.”

The Chippewas will compete against Ball State, Bowling Green, Cleveland State, Dayton, Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Michigan, Indiana State, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Northern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, Oakland, Ohio, Western Illinois, Western Michigan and Xavier.

The Players Club is a Par 72 and plays at 6,204 yards.

About Andrew Surma

Central Michigan Life Sports Editor

Central Michigan Life Editor in Chief (Summer 2016)

Central ...

View Posts by Andrew Surma →