Greer to appear in court Monday, Kinville trial pushed back

img_0321_1

Brandon Greer, defensive back for the Chippewas, is housed at the Isabella County Jail.

Two former Central Michigan University football players are scheduled to appear in court during the next few weeks. 

Michael Kinville faces assault by strangulation and domestic violence charges after police say he choked his girlfriend May 30 inside an apartment at Deerfield Village. Kinville is scheduled for a motion hearing Sept. 24 before his trial on Nov. 2. 

At the motion hearing, the judge will rule on motions filed by Kinville's attorney. The defense is filing for discovery of complainant Joslyn Seger's medical records regarding the treatment she received as a result of injuries she said were caused during the assault. Seger said she refused medical treatment on the night of the alleged assault, but went to Urgent Care in Mount Pleasant the next day. When Kinville was arrested, Seger had visible bruising on the left side of her throat and a red mark on her right hand, according to court documents.

Kinville's attorney filed a second motion to move the trial from Sept. 28 to Nov. 2, which was granted. According to court documents, the defense counsel needs more time to further investigate, put together funds to hire an expert forensic pathologist and to secure funding for a trial. 

Brandon Greer is scheduled for a final pre-trial and settlement conference on Sept. 28. 

Greer is facing charges of intent to commit sexual penetration, criminal sexual conduct, attempted unlawful imprisonment, lying to a police officer, eight counts of disturbing the peace and one count of assault and battery. 

Greer was housed at the Isabella County Jail after his arrest on July 8, but bonded out on a $450,000 cash surety bond on Aug. 24. Multiple women have alleged to have been approached by Greer, who they say made sexual comments to them and referenced possessing a gun to some. On July 9, Greer was dismissed from the CMU athletic program. 

About Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith is a super-senior at Central Michigan University. She comes from metro Detroit ...

View Posts by Sydney Smith →