Trustees begin evaluation of University President

2_ross
President George Ross visits with Central Michigan Life Students March 4 in Moore Hall.

A committee of members of the Central Michigan Board of Trustees and campus leaders has been formed to evaluate University President George Ross' performance.

The committee is comprised of Trustees Tricia Keith, John Hurd and Bill Weideman. Ross is evaluated annually, but this year his review will be more extensive. Trustees plan to deliver the assessment at the December board meeting.

"It is the responsibility of board to conduct annual review how that has manifested in annual review each year and in the third year it is very robust process that engages members of the university community as well," Keith said. "Today we announce that we will begin the process which will culminate in an assessment report that will be delivered in December."

Keith said the committee will conduct a qualitative and quantitative assessment built on leadership competency and Ross' self-assessment.

Ross will submit his self-assessment later this semester.

The shared governance committee recommended that trustees utilize Denison Consulting's Leadership Development 360 tool.

The 96-item survey, measures a leader's performance on a set of 12 leadership behaviors linked to high performing business cultures.

The committee will also conduct individual and small group interviews with leadership across the university community.

"We expect both the survey and interviews to be done in mid-October," Keith said. "We look forward to engage in the process and work with the president to talk about all of the great things that have happened, as well as look at the opportunities (to succeed)."

About Malachi Barrett

Editor-in-Chief Malachi Barrett is Battle Creek senior majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Malachi Barrett →