Bonamego visits SGA House and Senate, encourages Tuesday night game attendance

img_3134

Central Michigan University Head Football Coach John Bonamego visited the Student Government Association House and Senate during its Oct. 9 meeting to stress the importance of coming to the home football game against Toledo Tuesday night.

He echoed the sentiments which University President George Ross sent in an e-mail to all CMU students earlier this afternoon.

"CMU as a whole has an opportunity to demonstrate that unmistakable spirit which defines and unites us … on the field and in the classroom," Ross wrote. "Let’s fill the stadium and show the nation what it means to be a Chippewa."

With broadcast networks ESPN2 in attendance, Bonamego emphasized showing the nation how CMU students behave.

“(The game) is not just an opportunity for (the university) to showcase our football program but really it’s a window to the excellence that is Central Michigan University,” Bonamego said. “And when I say excellence, I mean excellence all the way across the board -- our faculty, our students and our community. When people watch on television and they see a packed stadium, it shows passion, spirit, excitement and unity.”

Bonamego took questions from SGA House and Senate members for several moments before encouraging those in the audience to "not come alone" to the game Tuesday, but "bring friends.”

“It’s the biggest game we’ve had on campus here in a very long time,” he said. “I thank you for your support and hope to see you in the stadium tomorrow night.”

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →