Fowler could be out 'at least a couple of weeks' with undisclosed injury

Senior point guard Chris Fowler dribbles the ball passed the Ferris State defense on Saturday, Nov. 2, 2015 in McGuirk Arena. 

Chris Fowler, the Central Michigan men's basketball team's senior point guard, missed his second consecutive game on Tuesday night and might not play for the remainder of the fall semester. 

Head coach Keno Davis said Fowler, who was not on the bench when the Chippewas defeated Alma 79-64 on Tuesday night at McGuirk Arena, was out of town during the game for "medically related reasons." 

Davis would not describe the details of Fowler's injury, but said he does not expect last year's Mid-American Conference Player of the Year runner up to return to practice for "at least a couple of weeks." 

"I can't go into why he was (in Detroit). It's health related," Davis said. "We are hopeful when he comes back he is going to be 100 percent and we are not going to bring him back until then. His health going forward throughout the season is more important than bringing him back too early." 

Fowler has not practiced in more than a week, and last saw action during CMU's scrimmage victory over Ferris State on Nov. 7. 

"You are always frustrated when you are not playing," Davis said. "Chris expects to be on the court. We have to make sure that makes the right decision and that is going to be right for our team as well." 

The Chippewas have the remainder of the week off from live action until next week when they head to Estero, Florida for participation in the 2015 Gulf Coast Showcase. It is uncertain if Fowler will travel with the team to that tournament. 

Stay with Central Michigan Life for more on tonight's game. 

About Dominick Mastrangelo

Dominick Mastrangelo is the Editor in Chief of Central Michigan Life. Contact him at: editor@cm-life.com 

...

View Posts by Dominick Mastrangelo →