Comedian performs at Bovee University Center, earns standing ovation

Comedian, contortionist and self-proclaimed human confetti and cannon Johnathan Burns wowed students tonight at the Bovee University Center. 

Burns was met with a lively crowd, eagerly waiting at the doors to see the comedian's show. Burns' routine has been featured on "The Late Show" and "The Late Late Show." 

"I started my contortion gig when I was twelve and would perform at neighborhood parties." Burns said. 

The show opened with Burns sneaking into the show behind a potted plant. Once on stage Burns promptly kicked the potted plant aside and tossed confetti from his pockets out into the crowd. 

The show's tempo started to pick up once Burns began to do his version of a sword swallowing act; in place of a real sword he used a ballon sword. 

"It was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen," said Nunica freshman Kayce Goll. "I still have no idea how he did it or where the balloon went." 

Moving on to the more daring act Burns, did a standard juggling act with a bowling pin, a barbecue fork and a sword. The latter of which Burns balances on the tip of his tongue before catching in the air. The sword balancing act drew the audience to their feet and ended with cheering from everyone.

"I came to the show and I did not even know he was a contortionist. Let alone did I expect him to juggle swords," said Mount Pleasant native Logan Campbell, who was attending the show with his child.

For the grand finale Burns performed his act "The Hoops of Death." The first of three rings Burns would contort his body through was a toilet seat. Once halfway through, Burns pulled his arm out of its socket and proceeded to run around the room, flailing his limp are around. After sliding out of the rest of the toilet seat with ease, Burns quickly shoved a tennis racket half way down his torso and down to his feet while rocking out to music and using the racket as a guitar.

For the last of "The Hoops of Death" Burns put himself through a small picture frame while running around the stage and paused for the occasional selfie with audience members or to remove a piece of his clothing. 

The show ended with a standing ovation and Burns running of the stage in only his boxers. 

"I love performing at colleges and Central was a very energetic crowd," Burns said.